This Policy is incorporated into Donna’s Terms of Service and License Agreement located at https://donna.legal/terms (the “Terms of Service”), and applies to the information obtained by us through your use of the Site, the Services, the Software (together, “Products”) and other Donna products and services. Capitalized terms used in this Policy and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings provided for those terms in the Terms of Service.
As Donna evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Products, our business and laws applicable to us and you; we will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will email you (to your most recently provided email address) or post any revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy to find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. We will ask for your consent to such changes if required by applicable law; in other cases, please note that your continuation of your Donna account after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Policy. If you disagree with any changes in this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Policy, you will need to close your Donna account.
I. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect very little personal information about our users. A list of the “Personal Information” Donna may collect, and why we collect it, follows:
- Your username, email address and contact preferences. This lets us create your account, provide you with convenient and personalized access to your account and deliver and support our Products. This information also helps us communicate with you about your use of our Products, product announcements and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance (including providing account verification support if you’re having difficultly accessing your account). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to send you direct marketing emails and special offers. For more information, please see the section below entitled, “Email Policy”
- For paying users, your payment information required to complete a commercial transaction on the Site. We use this information to enable and fulfil your transaction.
- The geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an IP address or similar identifier), and the language you select when interacting with our Products. We collect this information in order to help us deliver and support our Products, including by localizing your experience. Additionally this information is used to ensure that your data is stored in compliance with GDPR and similar regulations. This information also helps us improve our understanding of how our users use the Products.
- The Donna products and services you use. This information helps us deliver and support our Products and respond to your requests for assistance. We also collect this information to improve our understanding of how our users use our Products.
- Any User Content you add to your account. We don’t use this information for any purpose other than to provide the Services, make sure it is available to you when you use our Products and improve our algorithms underlying our Products.
- Notifications count. We keep a record of when and which type of notification you have been shown (ex. A error notification). This information helps us limit the amount of communication and notifications send and displayed to you.
The Site and the Software also collect and receive information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform within your account, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system, word processing or other productivity software and browser type) and information obtained from cookies. When you access the Software, that application will request access to certain information on your computing device.
The Site also contains electronic images known as “web beacons” (or “single-pixel gifs”) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the Site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. Web beacons allow us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use the Site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
In addition, we automatically gather non-personally identifiable information that indicates your association with one of our business partners or certain promotions. We use this information to determine the amount of revenue share payments to make to partners with whom we might have such arrangements and to provide anonymized aggregate reports.
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. We consider your acceptance of this Policy as your acceptance of our offer to send you these emails. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Donna email updates and changing your contact preferences. You will continue to receive essential account-related information, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails and.
Third-Party Analytics Providers
Donna makes use of certain third-party analytics providers (“TPAPs”) to, among other things, serve advertisements to the Site and to the Site’s visitors (“Visitors”) on third-party websites across such TPAPs’ networks. Donna allows TPAPs to track Visitors’ browsing history on the Site using first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie). TPAPs may use the information stored by the cookies to, among other things, evaluate your use of a website, prepare reports of website activities for website operators and provide other services associated with website and Internet usage. The information tracked and stored by the cookies enables TPAPs to optimize and serve ads to the Site’s visitors on third-party websites. By using the Site, you agree to the forwarding of data to TPAPs and the processing by such TPAPs of the data collected from you in the manner and for the purposes described above.
To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and customized Google Display Network ads, visit the Ads Preferences Manager . Profile information provided to Donna by you is, however, subject to disclosure pursuant to any applicable laws.
NO USER CONTENT IS SHARED WITH ANY THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROIVDER.
Donna does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Site, Service or Software. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Site, Service or Software without their permission.
II. INFORMATION ACCESS AND DISCLOSURE
Donna is not in the business of selling or renting user information and we understand that the User Content supplied to our Products is of a highly confidential nature. With regard to User Content we follow stringent guidelines and security practices. More information can be found at https://donna.legal/security. With regard to information, We only disclose information when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf, including in connection with errors analysis (also called “error dumping”) and correction.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to fulfil your product or service requests.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate our Products.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Donna and users of our Products, or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We need to do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
- Some third-party applications and services that work with our Products may ask for permission to access your User Content or other information about your account. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
We do not share your information with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
As a rule, Donna employees do not monitor or view your Personal Information or User Content stored in or transferred through our Products, but it may be viewed if we believe the Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for user support, if we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in the Terms of Service, or to improve our algorithms as described in the User Content section of our Terms of Service. Finally, your Personal Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Donna and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process.
Donna will never make any of your Personal Information or User Content public, except as otherwise described in this Policy.
III. DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFER
When you use our Products, User Content you transmit will be stored on our servers, which are located in Europe (Belgium, Germany and Finland) and operated by Google. When you use the Software on your computing device, User Content you save will be stored locally on that device and sync with our servers.
Please be aware that Personal Information and User Content submitted to Donna will be transferred to a data center in the Europe. If you post or transfer any information to or through our Products, you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and User Content, being hosted and accessed in Europe.
Data privacy laws or regulations in your home country may differ from those locating our servers, but Donna complies with applicable law regarding the collection, use and retention of Personal Information collected from all our users.
Donna is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. More information can be found at https://donna.legal/security. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us, including Personal Information and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of administrative, physical and logical security safeguards. The security of the information stored locally in any of our Products installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use with our applications and service.
If Donna learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
IV. INFORMATION DELETION
You can stop using our Products at any time. Residual copies of your Personal Information and deleted User Content may continue to exist on Donna’s back-up and archiving systems for up to one year due to the nature of those systems’ operations.
If Donna closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service, then you may contact Donna to request deletion of your data, and Donna will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
In addition, while we are in the process of ensuring GDPR compliance you may at any time submit a request for (i) deletion of your data or (ii) a list of which data Donna has about you. But Donna will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations
V. CONTACT US
Donna Technologies AB